If you're reading this, the odds are good that you know me. So, if you do, you know that my life now compared to my life a year ago are quite different. This time last year, I was about to go on another cruise to the Caribbean with my husband, Tim, and our family. At that time, I was about two months pregnant. It was all new and exciting, but a far cry from my reality today - with my baby girl, Emma, jabbering away to herself in her rock n play while I get some work (and internet time) accomplished.
Our life is totally changed in so many great ways., but even while I was pregnant and even knowing people who have been there, how can you really prepare for a reality that includes getting peed on? Or learning to survive on two, three, or four hours of sleep? It has so many challenging moments, and then she smiles at me and somehow, it's all OK. Even when I could feel her moving around inside, and even though I loved her the entire time she was growing inside of me, I had no way of knowing how much I could love her. I think I still don't know. I don't think there is a limit. I think my heart will just keep expanding to fit all the love as she grows and our relationship changes.
I am fortunate to have many friends that I have made online that are fellow travelers in the strange world of new motherhood. Just like when we got married around the same time, many of our friends have babies still under the age of one. Then, there are the friends with more than one kid. I would probably be a blubbering heap without all of their help and support. I tell pretty much everyone I know that being a mom is both the hardest thing and best thing I have ever been through in my life, all at the same time.
I can easily describe her as the best thing I have ever done. This blog will hopefully document her adventures as she grows. I am finally that person who has more to say than facebook can handle. Bear with me as I learn how this works - like how to include pictures of my favorite girl. Welcome to my world!

No comments:
Post a Comment