Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Five months

 In a few hours, Emma will be five months old.  On one hand, it feels like she is still brand new.  On the other hand, I can't believe all of the changes we have all been through together somehow fit into just five months.  Either way, despite the lack of sleep and the total upheaval to the life we had before she arrived, time feels like it has flown.

I can still remember how tiny she was when she would curl up into a ball on my chest.  I can hardly believe that the tiny baby of day 1 and the wiggly, smiling, laughing baby I put to bed a few hours ago is the same baby.  Oh, there are days I wish I could freeze and save for later, or at least little moments.  Like how it feels when she touches my face, or when she smiles and laughs when she sees me in the morning.  Each individual day isn't terribly exciting and on it's own doesn't seem like much, but I sometimes feel like I blinked and she grew overnight.  I waited too long to wash her 6 month clothing because I somehow thought they were still way too big.

I have loved watching her learn and grow in the first five months.  I can only imagine how much more she will change in the months that are ahead.  A few pictures to document the changes.

Play time on Monday





From the first hello, to playing and grabbing toys like it is the easiest thing in the world.  She amazes me every single day!



















Here are a few more pictures that should show how time has flown... There are plenty more pictures I'll share, including those I'm sure I'll take tomorrow with her shiny new five month sticker, but for now I think these make it pretty clear how far we've come!

I'll post a photo post tomorrow, I promise.  With the amount of editing I have done, I think I will save my posts for earlier in the day next time.  No more posting while tired!  

No comments:

Post a Comment